Cutout effect for carousel menu!!!

Blu-ray and UHD Authoring
DJBrunoLima

Cutout effect for carousel menu!!!

Post by DJBrunoLima »

Hello Alexey, how are you?
Here I come to ask you for more help.
I have a project for "Aquaman 2" where I used the menu template from the first "Aquaman" released by Warner, but there is a problem, the template is transparent, and it is not possible to implement a cutout to cover the buttons visible on the screen in the menu audio, where the animation I'm assigning is in a carousel, however using the trimming options in the effects, it doesn't work correctly, so I made a short video to show you what I'm referring to, I notice that before the button advance to left, the cropping happens even before the button goes to the left, I noticed this years ago in BDS and I always left it there, as it was something I didn't need, as I didn't create carousel animation, but as I now use the feature, I came to ask you for help on the subject, is there a way around this that actually works correctly, in the scene menu I made a carousel on my Escape DoVi model and it was perfect, in the audio and subtitles it doesn't work, because all the audio buttons or subtitles cannot be static, as they require the current indicator buttons to work.

I will be sending you a video and the project for you to analyze, please!
Thank you in advance for any help!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10smXj7 ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ht3SiP ... sp=sharing

Alexey Kolesnikov

Re: Cutout effect for carousel menu!!!

Post by Alexey Kolesnikov »

Hi Bruno,

Cropping is tied to the object. Thus, when you move an object in animation - it moves together with its crop.
You can "extend" the cropping before an animation using "Set object property" action.
Or place these cropped objects to another animation group and use copies of this objects placed outside the screen in animation. So, animation will look like: "Cropped objects group" - stay outside the screen, "Main objects group" - slide, "Copy of cropped objects without crop" - slide with adjusted coordinates.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

DJBrunoLima

Post by DJBrunoLima »

Alexey Kolesnikov wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:51 am
Hi Bruno,

Cropping is tied to the object. Thus, when you move an object in animation - it moves together with its crop.
You can "extend" the cropping before an animation using "Set object property" action.
Or place these cropped objects to another animation group and use copies of this objects placed outside the screen in animation. So, animation will look like: "Cropped objects group" - stay outside the screen, "Main objects group" - slide, "Copy of cropped objects without crop" - slide with adjusted coordinates.
Alexey, I would like to apply this idea of yours that I highlighted in red, but I still don't understand how I can apply it to the project, could you send me a print as a basis for me to do it here please?

Alexey Kolesnikov

Hi Bruno,

I finally had time to look on to your menu and I did not notice any issues with audio/subtitles menus. Could you please point me to the problem?
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

DJBrunoLima

Post by DJBrunoLima »

Alexey Kolesnikov wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:58 pm
Hi Bruno,

I finally had time to look on to your menu and I did not notice any issues with audio/subtitles menus. Could you please point me to the problem?
Their problem would be to make the buttons not visible on the screen, you suggested some that could work, but I don't know where to start, so I asked for help with prints or settings that I could apply to the project!

Alexey Kolesnikov

Frankly, I don't understand how I can help you.
I explained how you can fix an issue, that can I see in the video. Did you try this?
I can't show this in the example, because example works fine for me.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

DJBrunoLima

Post by DJBrunoLima »

Alexey Kolesnikov wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:43 am
Frankly, I don't understand how I can help you.
I explained how you can fix an issue, that can I see in the video. Did you try this?
I can't show this in the example, because example works fine for me.
I just needed an example to apply your recommendations, that's all! :|