Gap between movie files

Blu-ray and UHD Authoring
AlanBell1975

Gap between movie files

Post by AlanBell1975 »

Hi,

I have a short 'intro' movie which links to the main movie via the 'end action'. This is supposed to be seamless, and is on two of my Blu-ray players. However, on the third (an old Sony player) there is a flash of black as the movies unload and load respectively.

Obviously, I can't author my disc based on the playback of one player, but this black flash ruins the flow and I'm concerned it could happen on other players. Could this be happening because I'm using a BD-R or is it likely that this would still happen on a replicated disc?

If you can offer a solution or recommend an alternative way of authoring the disc, which might eliminate this problem, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Alexey Kolesnikov

Re: Gap between movie files

Post by Alexey Kolesnikov »

Hi,
End action cannot be seamless. If you need a seamless playback place your movies into the playlist and check "Seamless" in its properties (should be "on" by default). And now you should use this playlist instead of the movie (you need to reassign all actions to the playlist of course).
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

AlanBell1975

Post by AlanBell1975 »

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for the tip Alexey, that works great.

AlanBell1975

Post by AlanBell1975 »

Hi Alexey,

One more thing: my playlist is now made up of two movies, the 'intro' and the 'main movie'. Once the intro has played I want a pop-up menu to appear over the 'main movie'. Is this possible?

If so, I'm guessing it may be done with GPR programming. Can you shed any light on this?

Alexey Kolesnikov

Hi Alan,

There are several ways.

1. The easiest. Right click on the playlist and select "Open scenes (direct editing)". Add chapter at the movie start, select this chapter at the list at the right, right-click and select a popup menu in the action list.

2. If you don't wanna a chapter here you can use "Action every second". Let's image that intro video duration is 30 seconds and popup menu name is "Popup". By default all GPRs are 0. So you can use for example GPR[1]. So, in "Action every second" you can use the script:

Code: Select all

if (manager.getGPR(1) == 0 && manager.getMediaTimeInSeconds() > 30) {
  manager.setGPR(1, 1);
  manager.activateSegment("S:PM_Popup.show_menu");
}
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

AlanBell1975

Post by AlanBell1975 »

Thanks for this Alexey, your first solution worked fine.

However, I want the pop-up menu to remain on screen. At present, if I press the pop-up menu on my remote the menu disappears and doesn't reappear once re-pressed. Is there a simple method to disable the 'pop-up menu' button on the remote for this menu?

Alexey Kolesnikov

Yes, you should remove the action on the "Popup menu" ([close popup anim]) in the popup menu properties.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov