Dolby Digital+ bug

Blu-ray and UHD Authoring
alexflin

Dolby Digital+ bug

Post by alexflin »

I think I found a bug with the audio in DD+, I added 2 tracks in a project and then I build the project, the result was there was no audio, I've use the tool BDEdit to check the playlist and It was selected the wrong audio type, after edit the playlist manually the audio was working.

https://prnt.sc/kf9x2rHTIswK

As you can see in the previous screenshot there are two DD+ formats and the playlist before been changed by me had selected the 8 position DD+the 5 one was the correct one.

Alexey Kolesnikov

Re: Dolby Digital+ bug

Post by Alexey Kolesnikov »

Could you please upload this DD+ audio?
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

alexflin

Post by alexflin »

Alexey Kolesnikov

This file is incompatible with Blu-ray UHD specification. I recommend unchecking "Ignore parsing errors for internal muxer" in the Project properties -> Streams, then click "Delete all index files" and try to multiplex again.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

alexflin

Post by alexflin »

I uncheck the option Ignore parsing errors for internal muxer and delete all index files but it didn't worked with the project generated, still no audio

Alexey Kolesnikov

And it will not work with the audio you have sent, cause it is incompatible. DD+ support in Blu-ray is very limited. It's recommended to use True-HD instead of DD+ in Blu-ray.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

alexflin

Post by alexflin »

But changing the audio with BDEdit it works, why? And there's any easy way to convert DD+ to True HD?

Alexey Kolesnikov

Internal muxer not intended to work with streams incompatible with Blu-ray specification. If you uncheck "Ignore parsing errors for internal muxer" and delete index files - the mux should fail. If you want to mux streams incompatible with Blu-ray specification - you can enable "Ignore parsing errors for internal muxer" or use tsMuxer, but we do not guarantee that this will work.

PS: regarding the type in the playitem - we will check.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

alexflin

Post by alexflin »

I tried to use tsMuxer but it returns a loop error so I decided continuing using internal mixer

10:33:51 - Muxing movie "Movie 1" (BDID: 2)

10:33:52 - waiting...
10:33:55 - [warning] D:\Test\Output\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00002.mpls not found. Restarting...

10:33:55 - waiting...
10:33:58 - [warning] D:\Test\Output\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00002.mpls not found. Restarting...

10:33:58 - waiting...
10:34:02 - [warning] D:\Test\Output\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00002.mpls not found. Restarting...

10:34:02 - waiting...
10:34:05 - [warning] D:\Test\Output\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00002.mpls not found. Restarting...

Alexey Kolesnikov

what version of tsMuxer are you using?
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov