PLAYLIST

Blu-ray and UHD Authoring
KEYFRAME

PLAYLIST

Post by KEYFRAME »

Hello,

I need help with this:

In one project I have on one side the main movie and on the other a logo that the client wants to be played every time they want to see the movie, that is, once they choose language and subtitles in each of the options, that logo must be reproduced start.
How can I do it? I have been told that it is with a paylist but I cannot guess how.
I really need to know how to do this, so I appreciate all the help I can

Thank you
a greeting

Alexey Kolesnikov

Re: PLAYLIST

Post by Alexey Kolesnikov »

There are two ways:

1) Without playlist. Instead of starting a movie using the "Play" button, start a logo movie and add "Play movie [your original movie]" action to start the original movie in the logo's "End action" property.

2) With playlist. Create a playlist, add the logo movie and the main movie in the "Movies" property of the playlist (in the properties window).
Now you need to open the scenes editor window and import all the chapters from the original movie (click "Import" button near the chapter's list at the right -> "Import chapters from movies").
Then you need to replace the movie with the playlist in all "Play movie ..." commands in the menu.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

KEYFRAME

Post by KEYFRAME »

OK thanks.

I will try the second option since there are several changes of languages and subtitles from submenus

KEYFRAME

Post by KEYFRAME »

Hello,

I have followed the playlist instructions and create it correctly but I have a problem with activating and changing both audios and subtitles.

I activate the audio change or subtitle activation but it does not respond to the command. The playlist is played with the main subtitle and audio track ignore the change.

How can I solve that?

Thank you

Alexey Kolesnikov

You should activate audio/subtitles for the playlist, not for the movie.
Ideally, all you movies in the playlist should have the same number of audio and subtitles streams.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

KEYFRAME

Post by KEYFRAME »

OK, thanks

How can I mark which language is playing?
If it is English, French, Spanish ...

Thank you

Alexey Kolesnikov

In the movie properties you can see your audio and subtitles streams in the Streams section. You can see the language code at the right.
To change it:
- for audio: select the stream and you will see a drop-down button near the language code. You can select other language from a drop-down list or enter 3 letters code.
- for subtitles: double click or click a 3-dots button. Now you can change the language code in the Language field.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov