Menu does not display over background video

Blu-ray and UHD Authoring
fazerpileit

Menu does not display over background video

Post by fazerpileit »

I am using Blu-disc studio lite. My problem is that when played back with sotware players like vlc and Nero bluray player the folder plays fine and the disc plays back ok with nero after burned. However when playing the disc on my LG bluray player the background video loops like it should but no menu appears. My project is captured from cable tv series, and I have 32 episodes on the disc. My files are 720 x 480 mpg. This is approximately the 15th disc of this type that I have authored and those still play. I basically saved the first disc project that works as another project and adjusted my menus and added all of my assets. Not sure how to trouble shoot this. i have screen shots of the project properties page and one of the project layout and structure. I have even started over from a new project and recreated the whole thing with the same results

Thanks
Jerry
Attachments
Bd Studio project structure.png
Bd Studio project structure.png (90.14 KiB) Viewed 8192 times
Bd Studio project 1.png
Bd Studio project 1.png (213.17 KiB) Viewed 8192 times
Bd studio project properties.png
Bd studio project properties.png (8.52 KiB) Viewed 8192 times

Alexey Kolesnikov

Re: Menu does not display over background video

Post by Alexey Kolesnikov »

Hi Jerry,
Screen resolution is determined by video resolution. For 720x480 video you should put the entire menus in a 720x480 rectangle.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

fazerpileit

Post by fazerpileit »

After reading your response I checked my menu video size. It was the wrong file from an earlier attempt to resize it to 1920x1080. Found the correct resized file and am compiling the project now. I was confused that the menu displayed on computer but not on regular player. I also looked at trying to change the designer window size to 720x480 but could not see how to do that. My 1920x1080 pop ups are very big over the 720x480 video and I had to shrink and move my assets to the top left to be displayed. Can the popup be a different size than all other menus? I will post if the video background change worked.
Thanks
Jerry

Alexey Kolesnikov

Post by Alexey Kolesnikov »

Regarding PC players. I don't know how Nero works, but VLC does not reproduce the behavior of hardware players. It may work differently. We recommend testing using PowerDVD.
You can't change the size of the designer - you need to look at the designer's background grid.
The size of the menu should be equal to the size of the background video. If you have videos with different sizes - yes, you will need to create a menu in different resolutions.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

fazerpileit

Post by fazerpileit »

Burned project on rewritable media and now it works. This whole problem was due to a lack organizational skills. I thought of the background video being the wrong size but since I had named it "Resized" in the file name i ASSUMED it was correct. Your answer prompted me to actually check. Thank you. Also, in your reply did you mean that I should resize the designer window or confine all my assets to a 720x480 area of the designer. If so I assume the top left area. Is that correct?l

fazerpileit

Post by fazerpileit »

Didn't see your answer until I posted last respone